Most of the students completing their 10th standard are confused about deciding a right career path. Selecting the right course after class X is not an easy task. For a successful career, careful planning is needed. So before you decide something without any clear idea in mind, just take 10 minutes and consider these points:
- Explore the career options. Search on net, talk to people or read in news paper about different career options available, their nature of work, qualification and other skills required to do that job etc.
- Begin with the end in mind. Like I am interested in becoming journalist, or computer engineer or CA etc.
- There are many career options available for you and you can find success in a number of fields. So don’t limit yourself initially.
- Make a list of your choices, their nature of work, academic requirement to enter into that field, personality traits required to work in that setup.
- Match your own aptitude, personality and skills with the list. You will automatically come to know what you should do to go for your dream job.
- Remember there are many ways to enter into a field. So select the one with which your aptitude, personality and skills matches.
Like computer engineer, it’s a vague term. There are many ways to enter into that field. If you are good in mathematics, you can go for PCM and then engineering. Other way is choose BCA and MCA course for which you need to have 50% in 12th with English (as Core or Functional subject) and Mathematics or Computer Science/Informatics Practice/Computer Applications as one of the subjects. Or some institute offer diploma in graphics, web designing and development for which eligibility is 10+2 (Arts/ Science/ Commerce)/ College students.
But if you are still confused about the subjects and want right guidance for selecting best stream, all your questions about stream and subject selection after Class X are answered here. Submit your quarries in comment box with your email ID and get the free professional help through email.