Railway Engineers These engineers form the Civil Engineering team for the Indian Railways. Planning track routes, constructing railway stations, bridges, tunnels etc. They work as consultants on projects undertaken by the Railways in India or abroad.
Qualifications : 10+2 with PCM and B.Tech, Mtech, MSc. + UPSC (Union Public Service Comission) Exam.
Scope : On recruitment the engineers on a probation of 3 years. The third year of probation is to do with on job training. On confirmation one becomes an Asst. Engineer. Depending upon performance, one becomes a Divisional Engineer in 2-3 years time. After this it takes about 5-6 years more to become a Senior Divisional engineer. The railways is a closed sector, hence they work for the Government only.
Special Class Railway Apprentices
Entry : SCRA Exam conducted by UPSE
Requirement : XII with PCM
Age : 17 to 21 Years
Selection : 1. Written Test
Paper I : General Ability
Paper II : Physical Science
Paper III : Mathematics
2. Personality Test
3. Personal Interview
Direct Recruitment to posts and services in class I and class II for Non-technical Services
Indian Railway Traffic Service
Indian Railway Personnel Service
Indian Railway Accounts Service
Railway Police Service
Railway Recruitment board
1. RRB calls for eligible applicants through “Employment News” (A publication of the Government of India).
2. The applications are scrutinized for eligibility and the eligible candidates are called for a written examination with call letters being sent a month in advance of the date of the examination.
3. The candidates who qualify in the preliminary exam are called for the main written exam, and the merit list is prepared based entirely upon the result of the main exam.
4. In most categories of jobs, there is no interview after the written examination. For a very few specific categories there is a viva after the written exam, while for certain other categories there is a skill test like typing test or stenography test. For categories related to operational safety like Asst. Station Master, Asst. Loco Pilot, there will be an aptitude test.
5. The application details furnished by successful candidates are verified and they are called for counselling and scrutiny of original documents.
6. The candidates will be required to pass a medical examination conducted by the Railways before appointment.
For more details click on official website of Railway Recruitment Board –